Crossbridge Scientific is the corporate entity which owns the KuduSmart brand and IP.
The Data Controller is Crossbridge Scientific Limited, 38 Chesterton Hall Crescent Cambridge, CB4 1AP.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority:
If you have any concerns relating to the handling of your personal data, you may refer the matter to the Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF https://ico.org.uk/. Telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Personal information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information that you provide, for example when you place an order for data or data services together with the details necessary to administer your account.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms and subscribing to our services.
• Information that you provide to us when you write to us, including by email or when we speak to you by telephone.
• Information that you provide to us by completing feedback, surveys or participating in competitions.
• Information that you provide to us in relation to our public task duties.
How we will use information about you
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (contractual necessity).
• Where we need to carry out our public task duties (public interests).
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. (legitimate interests).
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (compliance with legal obligations).
• Where you have provided your consent (consent).
We may use information about you in the following ways:
• Registration details and customer information will be used to administer your account, to keep a record of which services you have subscribed to and to deliver the services you have requested.
• To provide you with information about Crossbridge Scientific offers and services (direct marketing) that you request from us of which we believe may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If at any time you wish to opt out of directing marketing, please contact email@example.com
• To ensure that contact from the KuduSmart website is presented in the most effective manner.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between us.
We do not sell your personal information to any other organisations.
The basis of our legitimate interests:
• To keep our records up to date and to monitor how our customers use our products and services.
• To develop our products and services.
• To help us improve our services.
• To respond to enquiries from members of the public.
Please note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purposes for which we are using your information. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying upon to process your personal information.
Access to your information
You have the following rights under data protection legislation in relation to the processing of your personal data:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• The right to prevent automated decision making and profiling
For further information in respect of your rights as a data subject, please see details on the Information Commissioner’s Office. To exercise any of the above rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may require evidence of your identity in relation to your request.
Where we store and process your personal information
Crossbridge Scientific is responsible for the processing of your personal information and is based in the United Kingdom.
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless suitable safeguards are in place.
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries
• Where we use certain data processors, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries
• Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between Europe and the United States. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield
Our technology services providers or other contracted service providers may also have access or store data for us, but solely for use on behalf of Crossbridge Scientific in accordance with our instructions and under our control.
Disclosure of your information
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason, and that reason is compatible with the original purposes. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may share your personal information with our external third party processors for the purposes of the provision of our services to you and to help us improve our services.
We require all third party processors to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party processors to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long do we retain your data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal and regulatory requirements.
Unless otherwise specified, we will hold your personal information:
• In accordance with our business needs, ie managing our relationship with you;
• Whilst we provide you with our services;
• In accordance with our contractual retention period;
• In accordance with any legal and regulatory requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We collect all information that is sent to us as configured within your web browser including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type and may use this information to report aggregate information to any relevant third parties. This information is stored and managed anonymously and independently from your personal details. This information is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For pages which require registration, cookies need to be enabled. You can set your browser to either accept cookies or to prompt to accept cookies so that you can access these pages. The browser you are using should have specific instructions on how to control the acceptance of cookies and also how to delete unwanted cookies from your hard drive.
The Crossbridge Scientific website contains links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
How to contact us
• by email to the Crossbridge Scientific Data Protection Officer, at email@example.com
• or write to our Data Protection Officer at the address set out above.